Juniper Network Management
What’s NEW ?
Juniper released the Series II of their Manaement platforms:
NS-SM-A2-BSE - NSMXpress Appliance Base System Series II with license for managing up to 25 devices
NS-SM-A2-HA - NSMXpress Appliance Series II with license for High Availaibility
The first versions of the platform go EOL on 29 nov 2010. (for those version the normal EOL support train continues without a problem)
NSM3000 - the more powerfull management platform (see datasheet)
Juniper Networks® NSMXpress and NSM3000 are purpose built security hardened appliance versions of Juniper Networks Network and Security Manager (NSM) optimized towards providing a single centralized management solution to effectively manage Juniper Networks family of devices including routers, switches, and firewalls.
While the NSMXpress is primarily geared towards small to mid market, the NSM3000 scales to the requirements of large enterprise customers with the capability to manage up to 1500 devices. These appliances, which install in minutes with high availability (HA) support, not only simplify the complexity of device administration by providing a single integrated management interface that controls every device parameter, but also eliminate the need to have dedicated resources for maintaining the management solution.
NSM3000 and NSMXpress have the following features:
• Provides an appliance version of NSM with a security hardened OS
• Offers centralized, end-to-end device life cycle management for granular control of configuration, network settings and security policies
• Allows for delegation of administrative roles, which provides relevant access to those who need it
• Offers easy installation with operational efficiency that delivers lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
• Provides dedicated HA support