Extreme Networks Overview
The Extreme Networks Mobile Enterprise Solution is built on an intelligent switching
architecture that features ExtremeXOS, a modular operating system proven for
performance, predictability, security, resilience, ease of use, scalability and flexibility.
The network components include switches, wireless LAN controllers, access points and comprehensive management spanning the campus and data centre. For more information, please follow the links on the right hand side menu.
|Extreme Networks' mission:
Deliver a network that is optimised for the new mobile world of people and machines, providing pervasive access, awareness and control, from the converged edge to the cloud.
Extreme Networks solutions make it easy for IT to provide a seamless experience for the user and improve productivity for their business or operation. This can be accomplished with automation and intelligence to reduce the time IT devotes to administration and keeping users on-net with the services they need. So hospitals can improve care, schools can improve learning, government can improve service and businesses can improve profitability.
WHY EXTREME NETWORKS?
• Technology: Superior performance for voice, video and data
• Partnerships: Trusted ongoing relationships with industry leaders
• Reach: Presence in 50 countries with over half their sales outside North America
• Trust: Over 25 million network ports shipped around the world
• Pioneering: Created the Layer 3 switching market in 1996
• Ongoing: Strong R&D investment with a commitment to quality
Did you know that Extreme Networks were one of the first companies to:
- Introduce Gigabit Ethernet products tested at full speed with zero data loss.
- Patent QoS capability on data networks.
- Offer resiliency protocols and an operating system for data networks to provide 99.999% uptime.
- Allow wired and wireless devices, applications and equipment all to share the same infrastructure and management tools reducing network complexity and cost.
- Introduce a modular switch for the network that is ready to deliver voice and video to the desktop